Thursday, August 23, 2012

25 days

In almost 26 months of Emerson's life we spent two nights away from her ever. She spent two nights with my mom & dad while we celebrated our anniversary. During that weekend we saw Emerson each day. She was 7 months old. We spent 25 days in the NICU with Truett. Emerson was too young to even come in to see her brother. One night Justin stayed with Truett so I could spend the night with my baby girl. We drove home late from the hospital and she was exhausted. She insisted I sleep with her. I easily gave in. During the night tossing and turning she cried "show me pictures of Mommy holding me." My heart broke. I knew she had been asking to see these pictures lately. I hugged her tightly and assured her I was here holding her now.

No comments:

Post a Comment