Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baby Blake's shower

Saturday we had a shower for Meredith and baby Blake to arrive in early September. The theme was turquoise and brown. We had a sweets shower and I baked cupcakes and the icing from scratch (toot toot). I used the recipe from NYC's famous Magnolia Bakery for vanilla cupcakes. I also baked my homemade sugar cookies that have become my go to cookie since last year. I really baked them for me but I know that Meredith loves them as well (Ella Grace seemed to enjoy them too). I have always enjoyed cooking but I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and start baking. It is an exact science so that part stresses me out a bit. The shower was a success and Meredith took much better pictures available on her blog:


sugar cookies and cupcakes (sorry my pics turned out terrible)


a better shot of the cupcakes

I was even feeling a bit crafty in the weeks before so I made a diaper cake. It was my first attempt and I think it turned out well. Thank you to the blogger out there who posted a step by step of how to including pictures. It would not have been possible without your guidance!



the diaper cake..not bad for first attempt

No comments:

Post a Comment